Botanic Gardens

Firstly …. how lucky were we with the weather. It drizzled a bit when we first arrived and had an explore around the gardens to do our inquiry sheet. We had perfect conditions for the rest of the day… no wind, patches of blue sky and no more rain for our walk through the wetlands.

Secondly a HUGE thanks to our parent helpers Ann, Brooke, Emily and Shatty. I couldn’t have managed without your support today. Thanks also to Simone and Mr Pluck for sharing our excursion with us!

Lastly and most importantly thanks to Elsa the volunteer who guided us around Jeannie Baker’s exhibition and Karen who gave us such an informative session in the wetlands. We all learned so much today!

Recess when we first arrived! We found a great log to sit on to eat our snacks.

On our wondering walk…….

ZR wondered why the trunk was furry?      Why was this trunk so tall?     Why was this called a bottle tree?

IG wondered why the roots were on top of the ground?   We found a dead frog.

NM wondered why the duck had a nest high in a tree hollow?

We found some maps in the gardens.

Jeannie Baker’s exhibition of her new book Circle.

We all got a pack of things to find in the collages. We loved using our magnifying glasses.

Guided walk through the wetlands……

Lunch….

6 thoughts on “Botanic Gardens

1. Thank you Kathy for the photos. It looks like everyone had an amazing time! Lots of fun, learning and exploring. We appreciate your hard work to make this excursion possible.

• My pleasure Sarah. We all enjoyed the day. Doing the blog post was important for me to do tonight. I’m certainly feeling tired now and I’m sure the children are too, after all our exploring!

2. Such a great excursion! (Still can’t believe how lucky we were with the weather!) We will be heading back to the Botanic Gardens during the school holidays for more exploring.